Janzen, Walter (1928–2000)
Walter Janzen fonds
Dates of Creation
60 cm of textual records
Walter Janzen was born in Kitchener, Ontario on March 29, 1928 to Henry H. Janzen and Katherine Andres. He worked in the construction industry from 1943–1956 in Kitchener and Winnipeg. He married Edith Neufeld on May 27, 1950 in Winnipeg. Together they had 5 children. Beginning in 1958 Janzen provided ministerial services to many different congregations which include: Harvey, North Dakota; Minot, North Dakota; Morden, Manitoba; Jamestown, North Dakota; Port Rowan, Ontario; St. Catharines, Ontario; Winkler Manitoba; and Killarney, Manitoba. He retired from full time ministry in April 1994 and moved to Winnipeg. He died of a heart attack on May 15, 2000.
The material was created by Janzen and brought to the archives by his son Les in September of 2000.
Scope and Content
This fonds contains sermon notes arranged alphabetically according to Scripture passage by Walter Janzen in his role as pastor. There is also some autobiographical material included.
- Volumes 993–994.
- Described by Conrad Stoesz September 26, 2000.
- Accession nos. 2000–053.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- Location: Personal papers.
Sermon notes by Walter Janzen. – 1958–1994.
- A, Acts and Amos.
- C, I Chronicles, II Chronicles, I Corinthians, Study in I Corinthians.
- C, II Corinthians, Colossians, Studies in Colossians.
- D, Daniel, Deuteronomy.
- E, Ecclesiastes, Ephesians, and Studies in Ephesians.
- E, Esther, Exodus, Ezekiel, Ezra.
- G, Galatians, Genesis.
- H, Habakkuk, Haggai, Hebrews.
- I, Isaiah.
- J, James, Studies in James, Jeremiah.
- J, Job, John, I John.
- J, II John, III John, Jonah, Joshua, Jude, Judges.
- I Kings, II Kings.
- L, Leviticus, Luke.
- M, Malachi, Mark, Studies in Mark.
- M, Matthew, Micah.
- N, Nehemiah, Numbers.
- O, Obadiah.
- P, I Peter, II Peter, Studies in Peter.
- P, Philippians, Proverbs and Studies, Psalms.
- R, Revelation and Studies, Romans, Ruth.
- S, I Samuel, II Samuel.
- T, I Thessalonians and Studies, II Thessalonians and Studies.
- T, I Timothy, II Timothy, Titus.
- Z, Zechariah, Zepheniah.
- Autobiography of Walter Janzen. – 1994–2000.
- Newspaper and Radio messages by Walter Janzen. – 1965–1998.