Woodrow Gospel Chapel – Woodrow, SK
Woodrow Gospel Chapel fonds
Dates of Creation
The Woodrow Gospel Church is located in Woodrow, SK. It began services in 1909 and formally organized with 28 members in 1910. The first building was built in 1916. The congregation originates from emigration from North Dakota. The church was first known as Hoffnungsfeld, and later as Woodrow Mennonite Brethren Church.
The leaders of the congregation were prior to 1960 John Ollenberger, Ludwig Seibel, E. J. Lautermilch and Samuel Sutter, Ralph Gliege (1978–1986), Randy Chase (1997–2005), Ross Kennedy (2006–2007), Richard Hovey (2010–2012), Rick Hawreschuk (2013– ).
The language of worship is English. The transition from German happened in the 1930s.
(Information from GAMEO)
Scope and Content
The fonds consist of baptism records.
- Volume 492
- No restrictions on access
- Updated by Emma Sorensen June 2018.
- New member photos. -- 2017.