Well Side Community Church – Calgary, AB
Well Side Community Church fonds
Dates of Creation
2cm of textual records
In August 2000, Mission Calgary, a joint venture of the Alberta Mennonite Brethren (MB) Conference and the Canadian MB Conference Board of Evangelism, began work in the Saddle Ridge area of northeast Calgary. Under the leadership of Grant Galpin, Saddle Ridge Community Church held its opening service on 14 October 2001 in the John XXIII School. The congregation's founding mission statement was "helping people encounter Jesus every day." Six individuals were baptized at the congregation's first baptismal service in a pool at the Village Square Leisure Centre on 10 February 2002, and a charter service was held later that year on 24 March. The congregation assisted in the planting of The Gathering Place congregation in Airdrie, a bedroom community north of Calgary. The congregation eventually changed its name to Well Side Community Church, and closed on 31 December 2009.
The leaders in the church were: Grant Galpin (2000–2005); and Charles Koop (2006–2009).
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of annual reports, church budgets, and pastoral correspondence. This fonds documents well the Mennonite Brethren church planting in Calgary in the 2000s.
In 2014, conference minister Paul Loewen deposited files on Well Side Community Church from Alberta.
- Location: Volume 1448, nos. 53–57.
- Acc. no. 2014-25.
- Described by Andrew D. Brown November 2017.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- No further accruals expected.
- No restrictions on access.
- Saddle Ridge Community Church Grand Opening. -- 2001.
- Saddle Ridge Community Church Budget. -- 2000–2004.
- Saddle Ridge Community Church Annual Reports. -- 2003–2005.
- Saddle Ridge Community Church Safe Place Policy. -- [c. 2000].
- Pastoral Correspondence. -- 2006–2007.