River of Life Mennonite Brethren Church – Moncton, NB
River of Life Mennonite Brethren Church fonds
Dates of Creation
1 cm of textual records
The Mennonite Brethren congregation in Riverview, New Brunswick, was initiated by Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches in 1988. In that year, the Board of Evangelism sent Michael and Shirley Young to plant a church in the Moncton suburb. The chartering service was held 6 August 1998, at the West Riverview Public School. The group has continued to meet in rented facilities, with a membership that has tended to remain below 50.
Originally the congregation was referred to as the Riverview Bible Church. In 1993, however, the congregation was renamed the Mennonite Brethren Community Church, and then around 1995, the name changed to River of Life Mennonite Brethren Church.
The following pastoral couples served the congregation: Michael and Shirley Young (1988–1993), Carolee and Ken Neufeld (interim, 1993–1994), Walter and Karen Justice (1995–2000), and Brent and Lise Hudson (2000– ).
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of Church Council minutes (1989–1993), and church bulletins (1993–1994).
It is not clear when the materials arrived at CMBS. [They may have been collected while the Neufelds served as interim pastors, i.e., 1993–1994?]
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- Location: Volume 650.
- Formerly classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BF503.
- Related CMBS collections:
- Board of Evangelism fonds, volumes 138–162.
- Peter Penner fonds, volumes 1026–1027.
- Canadian MB Conference Yearbook collection; see: Board of Evangelism reports.
- Finding aid created by Donovan Giesbrecht, 5 June 2006.
1. Church Council minutes. -- 1989–1993.
2. Bulletins. -- 1993.
3. Bulletins. -- 1994.