← Back to Institutional Records

Ridgeview community Fellowship – Calgary, AB

Proper Title

Ridgeview Community Fellowship fonds

Dates of Creation

1999–2007

Physical Description

1 cm of textual records

Administrative History

This congregation was begun in 1999, with Phil and Debbie Wideman initiating the work, as the first church planted by Mission Calgary, a Key City Initiative church planting project of the Alberta and Canadian Mennonite Brethren conferences. Elroy and Lynn Sennecker became the associate pastoral couple, and the church joined the Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches with 47 charter members in 2000. By 2001, the church had an average attendance of 200, with 19 small groups.

After out-growing the school where they had been meeting, the congregation moved to the Silver City Theatre in Calgary until 2004, when they re-located to St. Clare School; in 2006, the Notre Dame High School gym was used for services. The church met for the last time in December 2007 after voting to close.

The leaders of the congregation were: Phil and Debbie Wideman (1999–2005), Mark Siebert (2006), Tom Daumler (2006–2007) and Dave Heinrichs (2007). Elroy and Lynn Sennecker served as associate pastoral couple until 2004.

Language of worship was English.

Scope and Content

This fonds consists of an annual report, budget and year-end financial statements.

Custodial History

Records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 2012.

Notes

  • Volume 1333.
  • Finding aids consist of a file list.
  • Accession 2012-08.
  • Described by Yvonne Snider-Nighswander, November 5, 2012.
  • No restrictions on access.

File List

Volume 1333

1. Ridgeview Community Fellowship, financial statements, rental documents, articles and the 2006 Annual Report and Meeting; Reports Part 2 and Budget 2006. -- 2004-2006.
2. Ridgeview Community Fellowship, financial statements, family camping. -- 2007.
3. Ridgeview Community Fellowship, financial statements, correspondence and Canada Revenue documents related to closing the church. -- 2008.

← Back to Institutional Records