La Salle Community Fellowship – La Salle, MB
La Salle Community Fellowship fonds
Dates of Creation
La Salle Mennonite Brethren Church in La Salle, Manitoba, organized on 19 September 1926. The first building was completed in 1930 with donated lumber. Phillip Wiebe served in 1950 as a congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1952 and remaining members reorganized that year with the Osborne and Domain Mennonite Brethren groups into one congregation at Domain.
In 1995, Ray and Chris Klassen began giving leadership to a small group of 20 to 60 people who met in the school gym. The La Salle Mennonite Brethren Church became again a congregation. In 2009, the congregation held its last service in the school gym and moved to its own facility where it currently worships.
The church leaders have been Ray Klassen (1995–1998), Darren Willems (1998–2004), Ray Klassen (2005–2015), Kelly Cochrane (2015–2016), Konrad Loewen (2018–2019), Robbie Friesen (2019– ).
Scope and Content
The fonds contain a Praise and Prayer Bulletin.
- Volume 492
- No restrictions on access
- Updated by Emma Sorensenn June 2018.
- Miscellaneous documents. Praise and Prayer Bulletin, correspondence, news article, 1998 constitution. -- 1998–2016.
- La Salle committee updates. -- 1996–2004.
- La Salle minutes, correspondence, vision documents. -- 1996–2004.
- La Salle news articles, updates, events. -- 1996–2000.