Gospel Mission Church – Carrot River, SK
Gospel Mission Church fonds
Dates of Creation
3 mm of textual records
The Carrot River Mennonite Brethren Gospel Mission (formerly Carrot River Gospel Chapel) became a full-member of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches in 1959. The church had its start with a group of people in the area who met for worship around 1940. The church began as an MB mission station and became self-supporting in 1959.
In 1997, membership was 34.
In 2010, the church officially changed its name to Gospel Mission Church. The letter from Canada Revenue Agency is included in the file.
In 2019, the church closed.
Pastors/leaders have been John Goodrich (1951–1952); Glen Snur (1953–1954); Howard Sauder (1952–1963); Neil Funk (1965–1968); Rueben Andres (1968–1970); Hartlan Smith (1970–1973); Conrad Peters (1977–1982); Allan Cushway (1985); Herman Kroeker (1987–1991); Andrew Fehr (1992–2001?); Clinton Friesen (2002–2003?); and Dave Grimes (2004?–2019).
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of historical notes/minutes of the Carrot River Gospel Mission.
These historical notes came to the Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies in 1996 from the Bethany Bible School archives. In 2010, the letter from Canada Revenue Agency was included when the church returned their annual statistical survey.
- Location: Volume 604.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BF513.
16. Historical notes/minutes/ and letter from Canada Revenue Agency. -- 1973, 2010.