Fire, The – New Hazelton, BC
The Fire fonds
Dates of Creation
0.1 cm of textual records
The congregation in New Hazelton began services in 1949 when two couples, the John F. Kornelsons and the George Stobbes, moved to New Hazelton for the purpose of relating the gospel to the community. A chapel, built with the assistance of the West Coast Children's Mission, was constructed and dedicated in 1952. That year, George and Rose Braun joined the venture. In 1962, the New Hazelton Mennonite Brethren (also known as Hazelton Gospel Chapel) was organized as a member congregation of the British Columbia (BC) Conference of Mennonite Brethren (MB) Churches. The congregation withdrew from the BC Conference of MB Churches in 1980 and became a nondenominational church. However they rejoined the conference in 1986.
Prior to 2010, the congregation was listed as the Community Gospel Chapel in the BC MB Conference directory. In 2010, the congregation was listed as The Fire, with Lawrence Peterson as leader, and an average weekly attendance of 30.
Information taken from GAMEO.
Scope and Content
The records found in this collection consist of the 2014 Annual General Meeting, including finance reports, reports from church leadership, minutes from congregational meeting on 15 June 2014.
The material in this collection was mailed by the church to the archives on 16 July 2014.
- Accession no. 2014-18.
- Language: English.
- Described by Jon Isaak, 16 July 2014.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- No restrictions on access.
- Location: Volume 1334.
6. Fire, The. Annual General Meeting Minutes. -- 2014.