L’Église Chrétienne Évangélique de Sainte-Rose – Sainte-Rose, QC
L'Église Chrétienne Évangélique de Sainte-Rose fonds
Dates of Creation
9 cm of textual records
In the early 1970s, the Sainte-Térèse Mennonite Brethren Church was having an impact with some of the young people in Sainte-Rose/Laval. In October, 1976, some of these new believers began a Bible study group in the Laval Bible Institute located at 85 Je me Souviens, Saintet-Rose/Laval, Québec. On December 10, 1977, the Sainte-Thérèse church requested that the twelve newly baptized believers meet and organize the Sainte-Rose Mennonite Brethren Church. This group of new believers started a regular church program on the second Sunday in January 1978.
The pastor at that time was Ernest Dyck, the assistant pastor responsible for outreach and visitation was Jean-Victor Brosseau. In two and a half years, the Sunday morning attendance was at 45–65 people and the mid-week Bible study and prayer meeting had about 30–45 people. The Sainte-Rose Church has distributed over 10,000 Gospel messages throughout the city. The membership in the year 2000 stood at 62.
The congregation has been affiliated with the Association Québécoise des Frères Mennonites du Québec, the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and the General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
The leaders of this congregation were Ernest Dyck (1978–1980), A. Hodder (1981), Charles Martin (1982–1986), Jean-Marc Nantel (1987), Éric Wingender (1988–1990), Philippe Bonicel (1991–2000), Mario Bourdages (2001–2002), and Jean-Raymond Théoret (2003– ).
Scope and Content
The records consist of finance/budget reports, church council/elders meeting minutes, congregational minutes, church lists, a brief church history, and a church business card.
The material came to the archives July 31, 1987, deposited by Ken Reddig who copied them at the Institut Biblique Laval.
- Location: Volume 577.
- Accession no. 1987-36.
- Language: French; the brief history has been translated into English.
- Described by Janelle Hume, June 27, 2006.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- No restrictions on access.
- The majority of the textual records are not originals.
- Related material:
- Related materials, see MCC fond volume 800 file 10. MB Herald, Apr 13 1962, Nov 25 1977, Oct 28 1988, Sept 28 1990, Nov 8 1991, located in Periodical collection.
1. Finance / Budget reports. -- 1978–1987.
2. Council member meeting minutes. -- 1977–1987.
3. Church member list. -- 1981, 1987.
4. Reconstitution of the counsel. -- [1981?].
5. Brief church history entitled: “Les églises des frères Mennonites du Québec.” -- [1985?].
6. A congregational questionnaire. -- 1985.
7. Correspondence. -- 1987.
8. “Conseil des Anciens et des Diacres” (Council of Elders and Deacons Chart). -- .