Dueck Film Productions – Winnipeg, MB
Dueck Film Productions fonds
Dates of Creation
10 cm of textual records, two videos, and one vinyl record
Dueck Film Productions is located on Wallace Ave. in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The President of the Company is David B. Dueck. The company produces documentaries and has completed several Mennonite related films. Heimat fuer Heimatlose (Home for the Homeless) is a dramatized documentary dealing with life for the Mennonites who settled in the Gran Chaco of Paraguay. The film, set in the 1930s, was produced in 1980 in both German and English, and was directed by Peter P. Klassen. The company also produced Menno’s Reins a film tracing 450-year history of the Russian Mennonite people.
And When They Shall Ask is a ninety-minute documentary film, directed by John Morrow, also on the history of the Russian Mennonites. While the film contains footage from 1788 to 1983, the film focuses on the time period from 1910 to 1930, from a time of prosperity to one of persecution. The film covers those who migrated from Russia, and those who remained, relying heavily on accounts from those who experienced it. This film was produced in 1983. Dueck Film Productions has produces other films of several varieties, including films for designed for children and instructional videos for parents.
Scope and Content
The material in this collection consists of audio visuals produced by the company, correspondence, film proposals, scripts, and advertising giving information on various films the company has produced. The collection focuses on the film And When They Shall Ask.
The custodial history of this fonds is unclear.
- Volume 716.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- No restrictions on access.
- Some German.
- Described by Leslie Wiebe, July 19, 2002.
- Location: Institutional Records – Dueck Film Productions Inc.
- Movie pamphlets and advertising. – 1983.
- Movie proposals and Contribution records. – 1980–1981.
- Correspondence and Minutes. – 1981–1983.
- Correspondence and Articles. – 1984.
- Reports for News Release. – 1981.
- Mennonite Media Society pamphlets and reports. – 1985–1986.
- Mennonite World Conference Correspondence. – 1980.
- “And When They Shall Ask” Booklet of Correspondence. – 1981.
- “And When They Shall Ask” Overview.
- A Guide for Film Sponsors. – 1973.
- “Heimat fur Heimatlose” Script. – 1981.
- “To Build A Homeland” Script. – 1981.
- “And When They Shall Ask” Script. – 1983.
- “The Hutterite Martyrdom Story” Preliminary Proposal and Script. – 1984.
- “Mennonite Wonderland” Script. – 1984.
Sound and moving images collection: Video format
- NMV-11: Home for the Homeless
- NMV-07-1 to 3: And When They Shall Ask (3 copies)
Sound and moving images collection: Disc recordings (vinyl records)
- NPH-26-01: Mennonite Piano Concerto by Victor Davies, Pianist Irmgard Baerg. – 1983.