Crowfoot Mennonite Brethren Church – Crowfoot, AB
Crowfoot Mennonite Brethren Church fonds
Dates of Creation
0.2 cm of textual records
The Crowfoot, Alberta settlement began with the purchase of approximately 4,000 acres of land in the fall of 1925 by the Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization. Families soon began settling there and a group met to organize a Mennonite Brethren Church in December. Some of the settlers, however, were members of the Allianz (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren) and the Conference of Mennonites, although they frequently worshiped together.
In 1931 there were 17 families and 38 members in the church. This number remained quite static for a number of years, but by 1937 had declined to 20 members. Many families moved away because of crop failures. In 1938–39 most of the remaining families left because of a total crop failure and the church disbanded. The official records of the church are no longer extant.
The leaders of the congregation were: David Kroeker (1925–1936); Abram Martens (1937–1938).
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of one letter (1992) and one newspaper clipping (1993).
Records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Volume 343.
- Finding aid consists of a series description and a file list is available.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of MB Churches inventory BA-521.
- Described by Bert Friesen 18 September 2001.
- No restrictions.
1. Crowfoot Mennonite Brethren Church records. – 1992, 1993.