Christian Centre Fellowship Church – Thompson, MB
Christian Centre Fellowship Church fonds
Dates of Creation
8.5 cm. of textual records
The Christian Centre Fellowship Church began in 1979. Christian day camps and wilderness day camps had been held in the Thompson area since 1975. The camp director in 1979, Gary Sawatzky, became the first leader of this congregation. The church was officially chartered in 1980 and joined the Manitoba Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches in 1980 as well.
After using rental space for a number of years, the congregation acquired their own building in 1984 and renovated it for congregational use. The membership stood at 16 in 1982 and 31 in 2000. The beginning of this congregation also relates to the Thompson United Mennonite Church which had begun in the late 1960s.
The leaders of the congregation were: Gary Sawatzky (1980–1988), Will Feldbusch (1989–1992), Ron Dyck (1993–1997), George Baerg (1998), and Jake Enns (1999–2004), Ted Goossen (2005–2015).
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of a brief history of the congregation, a list of members for 1982 and bulletins 2005–2012.
Records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba in the 1980s.
- Volume 526, 524.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of MB Churches inventory BC-538.
- Described by Bert Friesen 5 September 2001, updated by Yvonne Snider-Nighswander 12 October 2011. Updated by Emma Sorensen May 30, 2018
- No restrictions on access.
- Christian Centre Fellowship Centre, Thompson, history. -- 1979–1985.
- Bulletins. -- 2005.
- Bulletins. -- 2006.
- Bulletins. -- 2007.
- Bulletins. -- 2008.
- Bulletins. -- 2009.
- Bulletins. -- 2010.
- Bulletins. -- 2011.
- Bulletins, baptism photos, membership photos. -- 2012.
- Bulletins. -- 2013.
- Bulletins. -- 2014
- Bulletins, Praise and Prayer Bulletin, newspaper article. -- 2015