Cedar Park Mennonite Brethren Church – Delta, BC
Cedar Park Mennonite Brethren Church fonds
Dates of Creation
1991–1994, 2012, 2019-2020
2.5 cm of textual records and digital newsletters
The Cedar Park Mennonite Brethren Church in Delta, BC began services in 1978, and formally organized in 1979. The congregation originated through the outreach of individuals in the Delta, BC, area, and was known as the Delta Mennonite Brethren Church until 1984. It has been affiliated with the BC Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, as well as the General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches from the beginning. The group met in the Delta Secondary School library for some time, occupying their first building in 1988. John Schmidt is considered the founding leader of the group, serving the church until 1982. Garry Prieb (1983–1988), Ray Bystrom (1990–1991), Doug Schulz (1992–[1997?]), Dave Esau ([1998?]– ). As of the year 2000, the congregational had a total of 111 members.
The language of worship is English.
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of bulletins, a church directory and a photocopy of a 2012 baptismal group.
- Location: Volume 398.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of MB Churches inventory number BB561.
- Described by Shauna Hudson July 9, 2004. Edited by Donovan Giesbrecht August 30, 2004. Updated by Kate Woltmann, August 2014.
- No restrictions on access.
1. Bulletins. -- 1991.
2. Bulletins. -- 1992.
3. Bulletins, Church Directory. -- 1993.
4. Bulletins. -- 1994.
5. Cedar Park Baptism photo [photocopy]. -- 2012.
- Newsletters. -- 2019.
- Newsletters. -- 2020.