Sperling Mennonite Brethren Church – Sperling, MB
Sperling Mennonite Brethren Church fonds
Dates of Creation
1 cm of textual records
The Sperling Mennonite Brethren Church was organized by a group of 20 people in 1932. These people had originally met with other General Conference Mennonites in the area but then began to meet separately in May, 1928. In 1954, the congregation temporarily joined the Winkler MB congregation, but soon became an independent congregation again. The church became a member of the Manitoba Provincial and the Canadian District MB Conferences. In 1967 the church closed. Its remaining members joined Elm Creek Mennonite Brethren Church.
The leaders were: Johann A. Martens (1932–1933), Johann Jak. Martens (1934–1948), Gerhard Neufeld (1949), Johann J. Martens (1950–1953), G. Neufeld (1954), David K. Froese (1955–1956), D. D. Froese (1957), G. P. Neufeld (1958–1962), P. P. Hildebrand (1963–1967).
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of a membership and family register.
- Volume 526.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BC544 (series description and file list available).
- Membership and Family Register. – undated.