Redberry Bible Camp – Blaine Lake, SK
Redberry Bible Camp fonds
Dates of Creation
9 cm of textual records
The Redberry Bible Camp is owned and operated by the Northern District of Mennonite Brethren Churches in Saskatchewan which represents twenty churches. Located in the Blaine Lake area of northern Saskatchewan, it was officially opened in July 1953. In previous years the Mennonite Brethren Mission of Saskatchewan had operated the Sand Beach camp, but since it was almost inaccessible during rainy weather, the camp was moved to the new Redberry location, a distance of 60 miles. In 1954 a motion was made at the Saskatchewan MB Conference that camps should be administered by the Mennonite Brethren Mission of Saskatchewan in the same way as the mission churches.
At Redberry a very intensive camp program was developed for both children and young people. The first children’s camp on the new grounds attracted 160 campers. The facilities consist of a lodge that doubles for a chapel and a dining hall, and thirteen cabins on twenty-seven acres of land.
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of minutes of Camp Board meetings including Executive and Advisory Board minutes, financial reports and director’s reports. Additional records include a camp update and project list.
The records came to the Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies in 1996 from the Bethany Bible School in Saskatchewan where they had been housed.
Additional records were donated by Stewardship Representative, Ross Hardy, and from Michelle Penner, event planner for the Canadian Conference of MB churches, in 2014.
- Volume 870.
- Finding aid consists of a file list.
- Accession No.'s: 2013-30, 2014-22.
1. History of the camp and brochures. -- 1983, undated.
2. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1971-1973.
3. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1975-1978.
4. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1979-1980.
5. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1980-1981.
6. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1983-1984.
7. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1984-1985.
8. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1985-1986.
9. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- 1986-March 10, 1987.
10. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- March 26, 1987-December 10, 1987.
11. Minutes of Camp Board meetings. -- January to April, 1988.
12. Financial reports. -- 1968-1973.
13. Correspondence. -- 1970-1972.
14. Minutes of the Northern District Mennonite Brethren of Saskatchewan held at Redberry. -- 1971.
15. Director's reports. -- 1969-1974.
16. Bylaws and guidelines. -- Undated.
17. Book of financial records. -- 1966-1972.
18. List of camper registration. -- 1953.
19. Promotional materials. -- 1999-2000.
19. Training and staff application forms; Duties of Redberry representative. -- [198?].
20. Redberry Bible Camp 40 Year Anniversary Book. -- 1992.
21. Camp Update (Spring) & Camp Project List. -- 1993.