Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church – Marquette, MB
Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church fonds
Dates of Creation
5 cm of textual records and 1 microfilm reel
The Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church held its first service in 1925 and was officially organized in 1934 as a branch of the North End (Elmwood) Mennonite Brethren Church in Winnipeg. It became a member of the Manitoba Provincial and the Canadian conferences. Eventually, the church dissolved and transferred their membership to the Elmwood Mennonite Brethren Church in 1978.
The leaders of the church included: Isaak Penner (1933–1938), Jacob Esau (1938–1939), Peter Epp (1939–1942), Johann Thiessen (1942–1943), Isaak Penner (1943–1951), Franz Falk (1951–1953), Nick Thiessen (1953–1978).
The language of worship is German.
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of a historical sketch, congregational meeting minutes, financial ledgers and a receipt book.Some of the materials were microfilmed through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference.
Some of the materials were microfilmed through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference.
- Volume 439.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BC516 (series description and file list available).
- Finding aid for microfilm: R86, pp 217–350.
- Microfilm file list adapted from a previous finding aid by Leslie Wiebe June 2003.
I. Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church history.
1 mm of textual records.
- This series consists of information for a historical sketch.
- Finding aid: Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 1.
II. Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church congregational minutes.
1 cm of textual records and 133 pp (microfilm).
- This series consists of congregational meeting minutes.
- Finding aid: Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 2.
- microfilm R86, pp 217–350.
III. Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church ledgers.
3 cm of textual records.
- This series consists of treasury and financial ledges and a receipt book.
- Finding aid: Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 3–5.
- History. -- 1974.
- Congregational Minutes. -- 1953–1978.
- Financial Ledger. -- 1956–1971.
- Treasury Ledger. -- 1970–1972.
- Receipt Book. -- 1970–1971.
Microfilm file list
- Congregational Meeting Minutes (Book I). – Oct.1953–Set.1978. – pp. 217–350.