Halbstadt Mennonite Brethren Church – Landmark, MB
Halbstadt Mennonite Brethren Church fonds
Dates of Creation
1 cm textual records
In 1926 several immigrant families from Ukraine settled on farms in an area south of Landmark. They met mostly in homes for worship. Itinerant preachers ministered to the group. When the group became too large to meet in homes, they met in the local school building together with the other Russian immigrants from a non-Mennonite Brethren background. In 1933 the Mennonite Brethren group became independent. They met separately until at least 1938.
The leaders of the group were P. W. Petkau (1926), H. Rempel (1927-1935), J. Wedel (1936), A. Wiebe (1936-1937), C. Wohlgemuth (1938).
Scope and Content
This fonds includes a minute book, and some correspondence.
The minute book was obtained from a descendant of the founding group in 2008.
- Described in October 2010 by Bert Friesen.
- Volume 420.
- Minute book 1926-1938. Correspondence. -- [200-?].