Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church – Winkler, MB
Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church fonds
Dates of Creation
10 cm of textual records and 1 microfilm reel
The Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church was organized on June 14, 1929 with Wilhelm J. Dueck in leadership. In 1943, an old house was used as the church. When it was remodeled, the building was able to seat 200 people. In 1953, the membership was 28 people. During the church’s existence, Helen Harder was the one missionary that went from this church to the foreign field. In 1955, the members of the church who were left, joined Winkler Mennonite Brethren Church.
The leaders were: Johann H. Retzlaff (1927), Wilhelm Dyck (1928), G. A. Conrad (1929–1938), Heinrich P. Harder (1939–1955).
The language of worship is German.
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of membership and marriage registers and congregational and council meeting minutes.
Some of the records were microfilmed in 1978 through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference.
- Volume 512.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BC531 (series description and file list available).
- Finding aid for microfilm: R90, pp 807–890.
- Microfilm file list adapted from a previous finding aid by Leslie Wiebe June 2003.
I. Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church membership records.
4 cm of textual records and 83 pp (microfilm).
- This series consists of church membership records and a marriage register.
- Finding aid: Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 1–2.
- microfilm R90, pp 807–890.
II. Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church congregational meetings.
5 cm of textual records.
- This series consists of congregational meeting minutes.
- Finding aid: Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 3–7.
III. Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church council meetings.
1 cm of textual records.
- This series consists of church council meeting minutes.
- Finding aid: Gnadenthal Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 8.
- Church Register. – ca. 1925–1937.
- Membership and Marriage Register. – ca. 1938–1954.
- Minutes. – 1925–1935.
- Minutes. – 1935–1951.
- Minutes. – 1952–1954.
- Minutes. – 1944–1948.
- Minutes. – 1949–1954.
- Church Council Minutes. – 1936–1943.
Microfilm file list
- Church Register (Book VI). – ca.1900–ca.1937. – pp. 807–862.
- Membership and Marriage Register (Book VII). – ca.1938–1954. – pp. 863–890.